It is the time of year where people are setting new year resolutions for 2011.
So how can you ensure your resolutions stick and you get the end result you are after?
The definition of a resolution is a firm decision to do or not to do something.
Most people are able to make the decision to make a change, some are able to follow through and others may find it not so easy to do so.
So here are some tips on how to ensure you see your resolution come to fruition.
- Set a goal rather than a resolution
- Have a clear picture in your mind of what you want to achieve.
- Ask yourself – How will I know when I have it?, what evidence will there be.
- Set a date of when you want to have achieved it by.
- Write it down as if you have already achieved it i.e. “It is the 20th March, 2011 and I have lost 2 stone, since I set this goal on the 5th January 2011″
- Each day ask yourself “What did I do yesterday towards achieving my new year goal and what will I do today towards achieving it”
I will be elaborating more on this steps in a series of articles on this site over the next few weeks, to access these articles all you need to do is sign up to this site for free and you can also receive them in your inbox.
Following these steps based on NLP will help you with the confidence and motivation to achieve your goals, if you really want them to stick, then contact me and see what we can help you do.